Tuesday, October 14, 2014

He Gave Me A Two-Fer!!!! Pray on young blood!



He gave me a Two-fer

http://biblepic.com/42/14525.jpg
If you don’t know me well…Let me tell you a tad bit about me.  I love to pray…I don’t know where the desire came from or why I even love it.  But I can tell you my soul dances and my fingers tingle when I am presented with the opportunity.

Now I’m not eloquent or any of that I don’t have a lot of “Thus be and Thee” and all the fancy words that make you think angels are floating around. I talk to him like he’s my Dude and I’m his girl, cause that’s what I believe. 

On this fine day my usual work break buddy was out so I decided to go and take a break on my own.  I went and sat out on the bench and just enjoyed the unique warm weather of October.  I noticed a guy who didn’t work in the building, jeans, tank top, slightly thugged out.
I explained to him I usually like to pray for people on the elevator when there is one person and I have never done it at the bench before but if he would like I would gladly pray for him.  He smiled and he looked like he had some heavy stuff on him.

I said hey wait a minute I don’t need to know all or any of your business, I just want to know your name and I will pray.  He put down his cigarette and we prayed.  

Ok here is part of the two-fer.
 od gave me this for this young blood -  after we were done praying.  The man asked what church I went to  and I told him Freedom House and he told me that he is a member of Weeping Willow, but he hadn’t been in a while. 

I parted my lips and God said to Him, you know church isn’t about you.  It’s about who you bless when you go!  And that it’s the little things you do when you go, a smile, a door being held, a hand shake, but that you bless someone simply by being there, so go be a blessing to someone.  Some may ask how do you know it was God, one cause honestly I'm not that deep or that wise.  Two I know His voice (and he is really eloquent)

My second of the two-fer was PRAYING ROCKS!  Ok that was an easy one, but it so does.  Praying for strangers is like food to your soul, so eat UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment