Saturday, November 25, 2017



I’m Rich but I’m broke…Broken but made whole



Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.


Image result for brokenness







Standing in line was simple … My kids weren’t with me so standing in a long line was rather peaceful.  The slower the cashier went and the more stuff the lady in front of me sent her kid to go get to add to her over the limit of the fast lane service.  Well I counted it all joy as it added to my peaceful moment to think uninterrupted.



I pondered as I do love to ponder if I should go back and snatch the list from the man in the scooter and finish his shopping as I had offered.  He was in my eyes struggling a bit trying to get items that were too high up out of his reach or to low down and still out of his reach.  He let me help him once as I passed him, after I pleaded to let him let me be freaking helpful and nice.

I glanced back and asked the lady to save my spot so I could go check on him.  He was staring at something low on the shelf, but I held back.  I stood my kind freaking ground, so that he could keep his pride intact. 

I’m a friendly sort so I laughed with the lady behind me and told her my dilemma as I wanted to help but didn’t think it would be good.  She huffed about how men are and we giggled.  

 Then I told her something of a creed of mine.  I’m not rich, but I am blessed.  I will never pay your mortgage but I will hold a door carry a bag, give you my cart and save you a quarter.  


You too may feel broken like you don’t have enough, but you are everything to someone.  You are chivalry when you hold a door for a lady who has been abused.  You are an angel when you remind another human of the beauty of humanity.

We are here to serve one another.  Not because it’s nice or kind.  Because it heals.  It heals wounds that we never can see.

You are a healer

You are a forgiver

You are chivalry

Yes you Are

No comments:

Post a Comment