Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Who would you sit with?





Proverbs 3:
5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    he’s the one who will keep you on track.
Don’t assume that you know it all...

I really had been wrestling with what to write about.  Nothing had moved me.  Let me explain, when I am blessed to write this blog, God sort of tickles my belly/my spirit.  I can see the blog and feel it all around me and I will write on whatever is near me or text myself, what I feel God wants to be the content of the blog.
I actually felt motivated  to write about Mary and the expensive oil, but it didn't come to me as clearly as usual, so I watched TV.  God gave me some insight as I watched a documentary that happened to come on about Mary and I quickly learned that more research was needed.
This blog came to me as I was reading over a Facebook post that I had posted.  It wasn't an original it was a post that I shared from someone else.  The picture in the post showed a beautiful blue sky, a calm beach and a small bench and the question on the post was past or present if you could sit on this bench for one hour, who would you sit with?
I found so much beauty in that question.  I didn't think big or even famous.  I thought it would be so wonderful to sit with my Grandma Esther and talk and laugh and well see what she thought about her little Nene.  And I would try my best in that hour to remember to ask her how to make that Southern cough syrup with onions that was better than anything on the market.  I would listen closely to each sound that came out of her mouth, some for content, but mostly so that I could hold on to the sound of her voice.  And I would ask her if they drink Gin in little plastic cups in Heaven.  I know that question would make her laugh and I would memorize her laugh!
The post reminded me of the beautiful of this world, the love that last whether someone is here or not.  The desire for us folks to understand to be connected and maybe for some of us to say I'm sorry I love you I forgive you or heck maybe even where did you hide the money!
God loves us so much that he forgives us quickly, he reminds of his love consistently.  If allowed the opportunity to sit on a bench with God.  I do believe I would just sit there and rest my soul.  No questions, no answers, just his aurora and mine admiring his creation.
I want you to know that peace is with you, love is with you.  God is with you on that bench and he is SMILING!!



No comments:

Post a Comment