Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I know a boat load of people but only a few ride in my ship (Friendship)

I know a boat load of people but only a few ride in my ship (Friendship)
friends

Proverbs 18:24
King James Version (KJV) 24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

I’ve been blessed to live a few decades and walk this earth with the knowledge that I truly have some ride or die flight or fight laugh or cry praying  arguing  hugging supporting  friends (The blessing is in the singular the favor is in the plural).
The word friend is defined as:
  • friend/frÉ›nd/ Show Spelled [frend] Show IPA
noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.  
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?  
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
*http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/friend

But what the word friend truly means is personal and much deeper.
My friends and I have had some comical situations that are classified and not to be spoken of again and some sad ones that God truly got us through together.
With Facebook (which for the record I am not knocking Facebook in anyway because when used properly it can be a blessing to family and friendships, and on occasion my dinner table)   you  may have several friends on Facebook and hundreds following you on other social media outlets. Like little kids we want to have lots of friends. It is sort of funny because I know  we all get excited when we get a lot of people who like  our picture or our post, its almost an addictive form of approval.  Again I AIN’T Knocking Facebook!  What I am presenting is a dose of Real, on there.

  I instill in young folks this thought, you really only need one true friend like David, one that is like a brother to you.  Everyone you have beyond that is an extra blessing so honor those relationships with compassion with love in faith and with loyalty. 

In the oh wise words of the rap group Whodini on the Escape album released in 1984 (YIKES) Friends how many of us have them.
All glory to God and oodles of thanks for those who I truly call “FRIEND”

No comments:

Post a Comment