Monday, March 30, 2015



Wow...This is so for real.

Philippians 1:3 - I thank my God upon my every remembrance of you.
It wasn't just the picture of the late Robin Williams that caught my eye...It was the words that trapped me and reminded me of a saying that I have said in the past.  "Everybody who is smiling and laughing ain't happy"
I use to have this thought and say when people would look at me and say...Girl you are always so happy.  Or when I was serious, and was sharing some heavy stuff, people would say Girl you're so funny.  When the reality was I was breaking down inside.  It wasn't my fault that I was cursed with comedic timing and smile way more than I frown.
Now as I grew up I learned to share my feelings...OK I'm learning to share my feelings, fears, hurts etc.  I've often heard that comedians are some of the saddest people.  They have the gift of making you laugh, but not the wisdom or the knowledge to bless themselves with a smile, because what you are laughing at maybe a story that they cried about.
I know it's getting a little heavy up in here but I have a point.
One for all who have made me laugh when I wanted to cry, thank you.  To all of those who saw pain that I covered up with a wall, and weren't afraid to knock on my wall and make sure I was ok.  Keep on knocking at one another's doors.  And my prayer is that you/we/i/them choose to let you in.
Pray for those who pray for you.  Listen to those who listen to you.  You might not have the perfect words, or the best punch line, but do it with the loving hand of God.  You might bring a rainbow to a face that always smile.  And if you don't know a rainbow is a reminder of a promise not to destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment