Sunday, January 27, 2013

My favorite FOUR Letter word! KIND...


 Four letter word KIND

Power in kindness, honor in kindness, glory in kindness - Dr. Luke's orders.

Luke 6:27-31 - Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Does anybody remember the site classmate.com? It came out before Facebook and all the other social networks and it connected people who you went to school with.

Well goodness knows how many years ago now it was when this site came out, but a lady whose name I can’t remember and let me tell you honestly I still don’t truly recall sent me one message.

It went something like this. "Thank you for being nice to me in high school. I never forgot you for this. You were always nice to me and it really meant a lot to me."

Wow! I wrote back thank you and that I hoped all was well for her. I wrote that because I didn’t have much else to say, because like I said I didn’t and still don’t remember who the heck she is – but she remembered me.

This isn’t a Senetra your so nice pat on the back moment. This is a note a memo of sorts to remind each of us how we can be a blessing just by being nice.

Kindness has become an odd four letter word. One that all though its appreciated is looked upon as weakness. I’ve actually had people say in a SMH negative fashion your just too nice. I’ve watched people LOL at unkind behavior – it’s all over the TV – it’s all over You-Tube acts of anger acts of rage and just meanness and its glorified. “Girl she told him” There behavior and attitude is used as entertainment and boosting ratings.

I can’t change the world. I’m not able to change the direction we are headed in.

But I can be kind. I can show mercy and when it is dark and cloudy and a nasty attitude just isn’t going to bring you light. I can smile at you and wish you a good day. I can hold the door for you. I can buy you a cup of coffee. I can let you cut in front of me even though I’m running late. I can compliment the beauty that someone else may have missed. I can give you a hug that someone forgot to give you. I can celebrate you being you, by supporting your cause. I can love on you through a text in the morning. I can remind you f God's love.

And maybe just maybe that kind act will change that person and they will pass it on to someone and maybe one day Honor will come back to the four letter word of Kind.

Choose to be kind to even the people who annoy the heck out of you! You never know how it will come back to you. Maybe in a kind word, maybe you will never know, how much your smile improved a dark time? There is strength in kindness, because there is love in it and love is the greatest gift.

How are you going to bring KindNess back?

No comments:

Post a Comment