Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Peek a Boo...I see you

Peek a boo I see you (No, Seriously I see you)











John 3:15 (NIV)
that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

Thank you God for the gift the love.  Bless the people that read this where ever they need a blessing at in.  See them personally and right where they are.  In  Jesus Name I pray


Avatar is one of my favorite movies…It crept up on me out of no where.  I never saw it at the movies, quite honestly I didn’t even have a desire to see it in theatres.  I thought hmm blue people versus humans sounds like adult Smurfs. 

About a year later I was surfing the RedBox (A Video Concession machine) and I thought  hey why not.  Got the popcorn and the mini butterfinger bars to go in it (don’t knock it tell you try it because it is Yummy)

So about one years after the great Avatar excitement...I caught up with society.  Avatar is an excellent movie not just the way it is filmed, but the script is pretty deep and well thought out.  I know I've said I'm not deep but every now and again I get the poem or the underlying meaning.  There was a line in the movie that sticks with my spirit even all these years later.  The female in the movie told the man as a greeting "I see you".  

I LOVED this greeting.  It wasn't just "Howdy or Hey".  The statement "I see you" moved my heart because it meant (at least to me) that you acknowledge and  that you appreciate my existence.

Later I heard a church service and the title of the service was the greeting "I see you."  I pondered if they too had watched Avatar and was using this as a part of the service.  But Father Scott was way deeper than me.  He explained that this greeting of "I see you,(put your name here)" and the response of "I am here"  is actually a beautiful Zulu greeting!  Way older than Avatar.

I'm a Googler so this is what I found out about this on Google.
My resource:
http://www.kaustschools.org/uploaded/Special_Events/Sharon_Harris_Grad_Speech.pdf


 .The African Zulu greeting, "Sawubona" means "I see you" and the response "Ngikhona" means "I am here". As always, when translating from one language to another, crucial subtleties are lost. Inherent in the Zulu greeting is not merely a literal “seeing” but rather a far deeper acknowledgment of the other person.
Sawubona means: I see you, I see your personality, I see your humanity, I see your dignity and I respect all that I see.
***
Alright back to me - The above was my google find***
I went to Boston several years ago and I'm a pretty Happy go lucky chick so I was walking up the sidewalk and there was just me and a man who was approaching me.  I didn't have my southern accent then, so I said Hello.  The man never looked up, no head shake, or a wave.  I was invisible to him and it SUCKED and stayed with me all these years later. 

We are granted the gift of communication to not only benefit ourselves but to acknowledge and be a blessing to others.
Sawubona my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment